Friday, May 27, 2011

Concern For Loved Ones

As I write this blog post I'm thinking about my children who are scattered across the country. Kathy and her family are in Colorado. Kathy is probably at work and hopefully looking forward to the weekend with her husband. She may be planning time with her daughters and grandson. Melissa will most likely be in church with her parents Kathy and John on Sunday morning. Becky will probably join them, along with her husband Jay. Baby Jacob will probably be in the nursery while they are all worshiping the Lord together. This is the pattern most Sundays and unless they have other plans for this Memorial Day weekend I assume they will be together in church. I pray that Becky and Jay continue to be in church each week and that they raise little Jacob in the way he should go. I pray that Melissa continues to serve the Lord all the days of her life.

My daughter Laura is on one of her long walks as I write. She needs to walk as it helps with her severe anxiety problem. My concern for her is constant. I bring this health issue to the Lord each and every day. She needs to get the chemical balance in her body in control. She goes to church with Paul and me each week that we go to Westview Bible Church. Laura and I also go to Bible study on Wednesdays many weeks. This is a blessing to each of us. I'm thankful that Laura is with us and has been able to help me in various ways, especially in learning the computer. Laura also has a special touch with the flowers in our front yard. I hope she can continue to do this.

My son Bill lives on the other side of the country in Florida. He was stationed there in the Air Force and bought his house then. He is out of the A.F. now, but has not made the move west yet. That will mean selling his house and finding something he can afford in the west. He enjoys birding like his dad does and is very dedicated to this hobby. He is on another birding trip at this time. He calls me to let us know  his whereabouts once a week while traveling. He finally got a cell phone for this trip, thankfully. I pray for his safety and for him to come to the Lord. Looking forward to when he can spend time with us again.

Our youngest son Griff lives north east of Escondido in Valley Center. He is actually on top of a hill overlooking Pauma Valley. Palomar is just north of him and in the pictures I take at his place. He gets down to see us when he can, especially on holidays. He always comes with groceries for our cupboard and refrigerator. He has had sadness in his life and needs the Lord. He was married for about sixteen years and we were all heartbroken when he went through the separation and divorce. My prayer is that he finds comfort and peace in the Lord. My main prayer for both sons is for them to know the Lord.

I pray for my sister Donna and her husband Fred as they have a lot of concerns. Fred is in real estate and he puts in a lot of hours and the results are not as they should be. They struggle with so much. They have many family concerns too. Their children need prayer. Donna's grandchildren need prayer. And Donna's son Arthur has been missing since 1994. Our heartfelt prayer is to know what happened to him even though it will not be a happy ending as the world sees happy endings. He is most likely with the Lord and with loved ones that are in heaven. I pray for each one to know the Lord in a most personal way.

I'm also concerned about my late sister Betty's children, grandchildren and great granddaughter. May they each follow the Lord and find peace and joy in their lives. May Andrew and Natasha raise up their new little daughter in the way of the Lord. May they realize that they need fellowship with other believers. I pray that the ones that do not know the Lord will come to know his saving grace. Thankfully my niece Elizabeth is married to a pastor and knows the Lord. I pray for her health concerns.

I pray that Josie and her husband will continue to go to church and take little Joshua to Sunday School each week. Josie and her husband have been baptized and know the saving grace of Jesus, but they have not always been in church as they should be. Josie was our daughter-in-law and is still part of our family.

My list of concerns for loved ones is longer, but this was not intended to be a long post. I'm hoping that Laura will walk in the door soon as it is lunch time and I have not seen her yet today. I know she likes long walks, but this is a really long time to be gone if she is just on a walk. I don't want to worry though as the Lord is in control and not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment