Saturday, May 14, 2011

Another New Baby In The Family

My great nephew Andrew Hamilton, the son of my dear niece Elizabeth, will soon be a new daddy. The baby girl is due this month. She will be named Xola Elizabeth. Her mommy is Natasha Marie Martin. That is partly why I'm writing this now. We have another one of those amazing coincidences in our family.

My niece Debra's daughter is Natasha Marie Martinez. How close can you get in names? Not any closer without being the same name. We have several family members with Marie in their name starting with my sister Donna. That is also Debra's middle name. Debra is Donna's daughter.

I have always been interested in names. It was fun naming our children. I have other names I would have loved to use, but four children to name and raise was a good number. Each child has at least one family name. Kathleen (Kathy) has my middle name Jean which comes from my father Gene. Laura has my grandmother's middle name Elizabeth. Paul William,III has his dad's and his grandfather's name. Griffith Hughes has Paul's grandfather's name.

My sister Betty Frances was named after my mother Ida Frances. Betty's daughter Elizabeth also has Frances for her middle name. Mom got her name from both of her grandmothers. Betty also has three sons and one of them has his dad's middle name. There is a story behind each name. Donna's son Arthur was named after his dad too. They just switched the first and the middle names.

I have mentioned previously that my granddaughter Rebecca (Becky) has my middle name Jean like her mother does. Her husband and baby both have "J" names too-Jason (Jay) and Jacob. My granddaughter Melissa Joy is another one with a "J" name. Her dad is John. I could keep this up for more paragraphs but I have gone on long enough.

I pray that Andrew and Natasha have a healthy baby girl and that the baby is delivered safely. Looking forward to their good news. Welcome to the world little Xola Elizabeth. (Sounds like Zola).

Picture is of brothers Elijah Joel and Andrew John

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the upcoming addition to your family. :)

    ReplyDelete