Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Praying For Loved Ones

Many evenings Laura and I go to my room and have a time of Bible reading and prayer. We each take turns reading the Word until we have finished two or three chapters. This has been a satisfying way to go through the Bible. It holds me accountable to being faithful in reading scripture. We also enjoy our time of prayer together. We have many people that we know who need prayer and this is a good way to pray for them.

There are many loved ones that we are concerned about and they are on our prayer lists. We have friends who we pray for each day too. We have prayer lists from two churches and we are in a prayer group on Facebook. Many are in need of God's healing hand upon them. Some are hurting, and some don't even know they can go to the Lord for comfort and His saving grace in their lives. We know some with cancer. There are so many things that cause people emotional pain as well as physical pain. We have children to pray for as well as the older people in our lives.

When our loved ones are traveling we pray for a safe journey. When there is a task that is almost too much to handle it is good to go to the Lord for courage and strength. When someone has been injured we pray for healing, and comfort along the way. We go to the Lord for shelter in time of storm. We have emotions to deal with and the first thing we need to remember is to go to the Lord for comfort and peace. We should not worry, but we are prone to worry. Take this to the Lord. Some still need to go to the Lord to accept His gift of salvation. He is waiting for us to come and He will give us rest.

I have real concerns about each of my children. They are on my heart daily. The Lord knows my concern for each one. I pray for the parents of the little ones that they raise them in the way they should go. We are to teach them what is good and right in the eyes of the Lord. We can pray with them. And we can sing this sweet song with them.

Jesus loves me! This I know, 
For the Bible tells me so;
Little ones to Him belong,
They are weak but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.


Jesus loves me! He who died,
Heaven's gate to open wide;
He will wash away my sin,
Let His little child come in.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me! loves me still,
When I'm very weak and ill;
From His shining throne on high,
Comes to watch me where I lie.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me! He will stay,
Close beside me all the way;
He's prepared a home for me,
And some day His face I'll see.
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.






This old favorite is sung by many children at their mother's knee and in Sunday School. We are never too old to enjoy this tune. Most of us only know the first verse, but the words to the other verses are precious too. Yes, Jesus loves me! The Bible tells me so. We can be glad that some day we will see His face when we get to our home in heaven. In the meantime He is with us when we are weak and when we are ill. We have Jesus beside us every day and He hears us when we pray.

Hugs to each one I love.




Jesus picture by drstevesgal

1 comment:

  1. Love this and thank you - I know there have been many times it is through your prayers and those of other prayer warriors that God has answered needs of my own. I am praying for you, Laura, Paul and your family too!

    ReplyDelete