Friday, May 6, 2011

A Mother's Love

As a mother it does my heart good when my children are on top of things. When they do those kind things that they each do it makes me smile with pride. The thoughtful cards and gifts help me to realise that maybe I did something right while raising them. When they succeed in life's challenges I give them credit for a job well done. Graduations are always a time for parents to be happy for their children. Birthdays are another time of celebration and a time to be thankful for another year well spent.

Mother's Day is a time to remember all mothers, grandmothers and those that are like a mother to us. I enjoy the fact that my children remember me on Mother's Day. Sometimes it is a card or a phone call. Sometimes it is something that comes with the card that touches my heart. Or maybe it is a special hug on Mother's Day that does the heart good. Sometimes we have to settle for a sweet memory.

Then there are the sad moments we have. My heart aches when one of my children is hurting. I hurt for that particular child. When one is going through the valley I feel like going through the valley with him or her. Thankfully I have Jesus to go through the valley with me and my children can also go to Jesus for comfort. He loves them even more than I do.

I'm thankful for my Mother who is now with the Lord. I'm also thankful for my grandmothers who meant so much to me. There were other mothers in my life that touched my life in a beautiful way. They are remembered with much affection. May God Bless all those special mothers I know.  Hugs  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment