Friday, February 25, 2011

Two Precious Daughters


Lovely and full of grace; in my heart there is a place for my dear daughters. My life would not be complete without my two sweet girls. They learned their lessons as they should at my knee reading books and in Sunday School. They heard the story of Jesus and accepted Him into their hearts as soon as they understood the message of His love for them.

Playing school and playing house as well as making mud pies and what was called giant stew were fun to do. The park and the beach in sunny Coronado were activities to make a day complete. Riding on the ferry on San Diego Bay could also make their day. Going to the San Diego Zoo was also a favorite thing to do.

I remember when they each started school and had the same kindergarten teacher as I did. Kathy had one of my classmates as her second grade teacher. Kathy even baby sat for the kitty of one of her sibling's teachers. The girls took their lessons in school to heart and did their very best. They enjoyed the good grades earned upon completing a project. Laura had the same sixth grade teacher as I had in Coronado. They had other teachers that I had too. A favorite was my high school homemaking teacher which Kathy also had the privilege to learn from each year she was in high school.

Kathy was lucky to be able to graduate from Coronado High School in 1973, thus being the third generation to graduate from CHS. That same year Laura graduated from Coronado Junior High making her the third generation to do so. That was an eighth grade graduation. The next school year we had moved so Laura went to Montgomery Junior High for ninth grade. She also had junior high graduation from ninth grade at Montgomery. That year Kathy went to Southwestern Community College where she eventually graduated. In 1977 Laura graduated from Montgomery High School.

Laura still has a dear friend that she met in high school. Bea has been a blessing for us to know. Over the years Laura has had several special friends. It has been sad for her to lose contact with them along the way. She thinks of Maggie quite often. They were childhood friends and neighbors. These are the friends that help shape our lives. We are in contact on facebook with one of her childhood friends who was also a neighbor. That is a blessing. She remembers us taking her to Sunday School and Church. We have made memories with other children this way too.

When Laura was two and a half and Kathy was five they got a baby brother, Paul William Marvin, III. We call him Bill but his friends call him Paul. Then two years later they got another baby brother, Griffith Hughes Marvin. We call him Griff. They are both named after family.

Kathleen Jean has my middle name, Jean. She has always been called Kathy. Laura Elizabeth has my grandma Pearl Elizabeth's middle name. I like family names. And I love my family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment