Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy New Year - 2011

As I begin this it is New Years Eve Eve, Thursday, December 30th. Looking forward to 2011 day after tomorrow. We will have a quiet New Years Eve as we plan to be up early on the first for a busy day. No parties or celebrations planned here. We will probably be awakened at midnight with our neighbors greeting the year with some fireworks or other revelry. I will traditionally worry about the danger of the fireworks and may go outside to tell them to be careful. Been there, done that.

When I was much younger I enjoyed a New Years Eve party or two. It is fun to greet the year with your friends. There have been times we have gone to Griff's in Valley Center to spend the night on New Years Eve. It is fun to wake up and look across the valley towards Palomar Mountain. Sometimes the valley is covered in fog and is a picture waiting to be taken. It is always cold at his place on a winter night.

We went to Griff's on New Years Day last year. That was an enjoyable way to start the year. Any time we can spend with family is a plus. Bill was with us then as he is this year. We had an extra surprise this year as he arrived on Christmas morning. This was the first Christmas he has been with us since he went in the Air Force in 1988. (I stand corrected as I was saying '89). Griff was also here on Christmas as he is each year.

I don't make New Years resolutions so won't make any profound statements about things I resolve to do. I need to get my house in order so my children don't get stuck with it someday. I do get rid of things but need to do more. I have a box ready to put out for Amvets in the morning, as I do from time to time.

Today we went for a nice ride as far as Potrero. It is on the way to Campo which is another destination we have done when with Bill. We have also done these rides with George in years past. When we had a car and drove we would take off and head that way or to Julian and Cuyamaca. I'm sure we will do more  mountain rides with Bill while he is here for a month.

Laura and I will continue to read the Bible together and pray as we have determined to do this year. It is hard to be consistent but we make an effort. She does her own reading too. Paul is faithful year after year in his Bible reading. Oh to be so faithful.

My prayers are for each of our dear ones. I pray for Kathy and her sweet family. I pray for our sons to know the Lord. And I pray for Laura each day. God Bless each one that I love. Hugs  :)



Photo credit: Markusram

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you too, Caroline and to your family as well!!!

    ReplyDelete