Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Jesus Loves The Little Children

"Jesus called a little child and had him stand among them. And He said: 'I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.' " Matthew 18: 2-5

 I remember singing "Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong, they are weak, but He is strong. Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me. The Bible tells me so." I loved the song as a child, and continued to sing it with the children I taught in Sunday School through the years. Another favorite song was "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world". What a great message for children to hear.

We also read the message in Mark 10: 16. "And He took them up in His arms, put His hands on them, and blessed them." We also see the relationship Jesus has with children in Luke 18: 16. "But Jesus called them to Him and said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God.' "

It is best if children grow up knowing these truths and take them to heart. But Jesus is waiting with open arms for each one of us to repent and become like little children, and to come to Him. "Jesus said, 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul all and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.' " Matthew 22: 37, 38

No comments:

Post a Comment