Monday, April 25, 2011

It's A Small World

Our son Bill enjoys birding and has been to all states for this hobby except for Alaska and Hawaii. He was traveling through Montana one time a number of years ago and must have been stopped by the Highway Patrol for some small infraction. Maybe he was speeding, I don't know. Basically he is a good driver. I am not afraid to be in the car with him. The reason I mention this is because he got a ticket and that is the lead to this story.

A short time later when I was talking on the phone to my sister Betty she asked me if Bill had been in Montana recently. I felt bad that I needed to say yes since he had not stopped in Billings to see his Aunt Betty or Uncle Sam. But Betty really knew he had been nearby.

Sam worked in the Billings Post Office. He handled mail that had been damaged or waylaid in some way. He had processed an envelope for Bill from the Highway Patrol. It must have been damaged in the mail. Now that is really a small world event. What are the odds that my brother-in-law would have handled mail addressed to my son? Bill is rarely in Montana and lives a long way from that state. Another amazing event in our family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment