Thursday, April 21, 2011

Our Little Helpers

This morning when I was mopping the floors our kitty Spotty was also busy. He had to be with me every minute trying to help me with my job. Reminds me of a two year old child wanting to be involved. I could not take my work too seriously when it was so amusing to watch Spotty. This is often the story of my day. There is always one kitty or another ready and waiting for action.

When we sit there is always a purring kitty on our laps or nearby. Buddy loves to help Paul with his reading. He spends much of his time on Paul's lap when possible. Buddy is one of our orange tiger kitties. The latest is for two orange cats to share the chair with Paul. As Paul says,"We redheads have to stick together." Paul used to be a redhead before his hair turned snow white.

Little Luke spent many months living in our bedroom as he was traumatized by his move from Josie's house to ours. Spotty had originally been hers too, but he was totally different than Luke. Spotty took ownership of our house and adjusted nicely. We have had Spotty for a number of years. Luke is just now coming out of the bedroom after one and a half years. Now Luke won't even go near our room. He is enjoying the new found activity of having the run of the house. Luke is the second orange kitty on Paul's chair now days.

Some of our kitties originally belonged to a neighbor family. The neighbors have large dogs and we are free of dogs now days so the cats choose our yard. Before you know it they are in our house. Our neighbors keep good care of their cats so that is not the problem. I think we are too welcoming and we need to close the door to any new kitties. We prefer our yard to be a safer place for birds so try to keep the cats inside.

There is always another pet story waiting to be written. I'm thankful that God made animals for us to enjoy.  :)

Photo credit: Laura Marvin

No comments:

Post a Comment