Monday, April 25, 2011

Amazing Things Happen

In reading about amazing things that have happened in history I thought about the fact that we have had amazing coincidences in our lives. I think that many of us have people we know that have had most interesting stories to tell. Some have been in another country on vacation and ran into a friend. It is always a pleasure to run into people we know when out and about in our own town so it would be exciting to do this when hundreds of miles away.

In the eighties, from 1985 until 1889, our daughter Kathy and family lived in Washington state, on Whidbey Island. Paul, Laura and I were able to visit them a number of times while they were there. I went by myself on the bus several times. Laura and I went on the train to Seattle, and over the years Paul and I did this several times. Paul and I also took one trip by car to Washington in 1986. My mother and I flew to Bellingham together once. This was Mom's and my first time to fly. During this period of time we had many fun family adventures.

We got to see Becky go from a one year old to a five year old. We were able to see Missy as a little baby and then have her first birthday while they were in Oak Harbor, Washington. We also had a number of other relatives to visit while they were in the Pacific Northwest.

On one occasion Kathy and John had taken us to a nice restaurant in La Conner, not far from Whidbey Island. We were sitting near a big window watching the fishing boats go by in the nearby river. Paul took a few good boat pictures while we were enjoying our meal. We were both into taking a lot of pictures in those days. There was a lot of good scenery and family to put into our photo albums.

A year or so later when my cousin Diedra and her husband Nick were here from Washington we were sharing some pictures with them. Diedra was looking at some of Paul's pictures that he had taken in La Conner when she did a double take. She told Nick that he had to see the picture she was looking at. It was the most amazing thing. Paul had taken a picture of Nick's fishing boat. This was not a spot that Nick and his boat were at a lot either, but he was there the day Paul was taking pictures of the boats near the restaurant. Talk about amazing!!

I will write about more amazing adventures as they come to mind. Even more amazing is God's great love for us. :)

1 comment: