Wednesday, August 3, 2011

This Heart is For You

Sometimes things get too much for me and I start to feel sorry for myself. Challenges keep adding up and I need a reminder to make lemonade out of those lemons. I do not like paperwork, but I need to find some missing papers. Paul is usually in charge of such things, but sometimes I hang on to something only to misplace it. That is just the tip of the iceberg.

While I was enjoying the fresh air, hanging up the clothes on the clothesline and trying to forget the cares of the day, God gave me a reminder of his love for me. I looked down and there was a beautiful heart shaped leaf. Sometimes the eucalyptus leaves do form into heart shapes. This one was there especially for my pleasure.



I like hearts and use one with my signature on cards and letters. I found a cute little heart shaped rock in my mother's many belongings after she died. I still have it on my dresser in a container with other small treasures. I found a red heart shaped glass crystal piece while walking in our neighborhood one day. I guess I still have it someplace. It is fun to pick up small treasures while on a walk. You can find pennies and other change as well as marbles and other small items.

In the Bible we read,"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon the earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break in and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."  Matthew 6:19-21

I try not to put too much importance on the treasures here on earth as I know that they can be taken from us so quickly and they are not of eternal value. We are actually trying to not hang on to things too tightly and want to thin things out. Yet pretty things are nice to have, even if only for a moment in time. Most important is what we do that is of eternal value. Are we prepared to meet the Lord? Are we touching other's lives for the Lord? I want to share my love for Jesus with those people I care about, my friends and family. I pray that each one I love will know and love the Lord. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment